Welcome to the 1st Annual Frosty Fest webpage — where you’ll find all the information you need to participate!
In these uncertain times, one thing is for certain…that Milford loves to celebrate the holidays. What better way to show your community spirit and bring some good cheer than by buying and decorating a snowman to be featured on the downtown Milford Green!
Sales start FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13th!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN IN-PERSON EVENT
Your donation consists of 18″w x 32″h unprinted corrugated sign, wire ground stake & laminated sponsor sign:
Business, Organization, Club Donation: $50
Family Snowman: $25/one sign
Family 2-Pack – $40/two signs
Family 4-Pack – $75/four signs
Finished Candy Cane lawn signs (approx. 10″w x 23″h) are also available for a $12 donation
(include laminated sponsor sign & ground wire stake)
WHAT IS THE FROSTY FEST?
The Frosty Fest is a chance for you and your family or business to show off your holiday pride – we may not be able to gather together socially for now – but our snowmen can! With your donation you will receive an unprinted snowman-shaped lawn sign for you to paint and decorate as you’d like. Be creative. Be fun. Size is approx. 18”x 32”
After you’re done creating your masterpiece, MPC will place your creation on the Green for the whole community to enjoy!
Pre-printed candy cane lawn signs are also available for a sponsorship. Size is approx. 10″x23″
Once the Fest is over – you are welcome to take home your snowman/candy cane to enjoy on your lawn all winter long!
This fundraiser is open to families, Milford-based businesses, organizations and clubs while supplies last. Proceeds will benefit Milford Prevention Council and substance use prevention programming for our local youth.
Please note: NO REFUNDS on purchases
WHEN IS THE FROSTY FEST?
Snowman and candy canes will be displayed from Thanksgiving – end of December for all to enjoy!
Sales will run from Wednesday, November 11th through Friday, December 11th at 3pm with placements being made throughout the month.
IF YOU WANT YOUR SNOWMAN TO BE PART OF THE TREE LIGHTING IT NEEDS TO BE TO MPC NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH AT 1PM. DO NOT PLACE YOUR SNOWMAN ON THE GREEN, IT MUST BE DONE BY MPC.
All participants will be mentioned on our social media outlets as well as posted on the Milford Prevention Council website.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
Decorating your Snowman is a fun, creative project you can share with your family. Heat up some cocoa, put on Holiday Music, get your weather-proof paints and lightweight craft supplies out and get to work! It’s also a great way for businesses to customize their “snowman” design to reflect their services/products.
Take a drive-by with your family and take in the spirit of the holidays in Milford starting the end of November throughout December.
Show off your craftiness and community cheer while helping raise funds for Milford Prevention Council’s programs and mission.
PICK UP/DROP OFF DATES
Unprinted snowman-shaped lawn signs will be available for pick up at Parson’s Government Center (70 West River Street) starting Tuesday, November 17th throughout the month of December.
Entrants will be responsible for delivering the painted/designed snowman in front of Parson’s Government Center. we will contact you with specifics on how to drop off your final creation and MPC will display it on the Milford Green.
IF YOU WANT YOUR SNOWMAN TO BE PART OF THE TREE LIGHTING IT NEEDS TO BE TO MPC NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH AT 1PM.
**Please note: If you purchase your sign for home use only, we will provide you with the wire ground stake at pick up.
- Submitted snowman shaped lawn sign decorations must be able to withstand the weather and be in good taste. No lawn sign will be accepted that reflects controversial, political or insensitive issues. We reserve the right to remove any lawn sign that does not meet these standards. No handouts, promotional materials of free giveaways, coupons, etc. can be associated with any lawn sign.
- No flammable items/objects are allowed. No weapons or depictions of weapons.
- We recommend the use of weather resistant paint/markers and other flat/lightweight materials. Any sort of mounting objects to the lawn sign could cause stability issues for the lawn sign.
- Please be advised that no security will be available to protect the lawn signs. The Milford Prevention Council, Downtown Milford Business Association and the City of Milford are not responsible for any loss or damage to lawn signs.
- Multiple lawn signs may be purchased by a person, family, business, organization or club. A laminated sponsor sign will be provided for each purchased lawn sign that contains the participants’/sponsors’ name.
- Lawn signs will be taken down by MPC after January 6, 2021. Please do not remove the signs. If someone would like to reclaim their lawn sign before January 6, please contact us directly.
- All participants will be required to complete a “sponsor registration form” releasing any liabilities from MPC, DMBA and City of Milford.
- Under no circumstances are participants allowed to install their signs on the green. Signs MUST be installed by a representative of MPC.
Download the detailed participant important information, rules and regulations here.