Last updated on April 1, 2017
Information MPC Collects (the “Information”)
- User Provided Information. You may provide certain personal information and further details linked to that information, which may include the following:
- Personal information such as your name and email address, such as if you subscribe to our newsletter;
- Other information you may voluntarily submit, such as if you submit a question or make a donation to MPC.
- Cookies and Other Passively Collected Information: When you use the Service, we or our service providers may send one or more cookies – small files – to your computer, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify your browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. To learn more about cookies, please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log File Information: When you use the Service, our servers may automatically record certain information that your device sends. These server logs may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Service, we may employ technology such as “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) that track the online usage patterns of users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by specific users.
How MPC Uses The Information
- Your personal information will be used to operate, maintain, and provide you with features and functionality of the Service, including but not limited to the following: (a) providing you our news and information; (b) processing and responding to inquiries; (c) alerting you to new features and/or information; and (d) enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service.
- We may use your information to contact you for both marketing (sending you our newsletter if you sign up for it) and non-marketing or administrative purposes (to answer customer service issues) relating to the Service.
When MPC Shares Information
- General Uses. Other businesses or persons that help us provide and operate the Service may have authorized access to your information (such as name and/or email address) for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf. We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to your requests for customer service.
- Other Situations That May Arise. We also may share personal information in other situations with your consent. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose personal information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) enforce our Terms and Conditions or other posted policies (b) take precautions against liability or harm, (c) investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations, or respond to a subpoena, legal order, or official request, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Service, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Service, our users or any other person.
Your Information Choices
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through the Service, in which case you may not be eligible to participate in our services, such as receiving our newsletter.
The Service uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. As no such methods are foolproof, we cannot, however, with certainty ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Changes and updates